We strive to provide a loving, nurturing, and secure environment where every child will experience God's love and kindness.
Our goal is to teach children these three basic truths:
• God made me
• God loves me
• Jesus wants to be my friend forever
We desire to ignite a passion in the hearts of children for Jesus Christ. We strive to partner with parents to teach children the virtues that help to shape their character to be more like Christ.
Club 334 and Club 412
Our Boys and Girls Clubs offer a fun and exciting environment for girls and boys in grades K-5th, where they can learn and grow in Christ through hands on lessons.
We desire for every child to know that they are loved by the God who created all things, that they are made in the image of God, that Jesus Christ died on a cross to save them from their sins, and that He desires an eternal relationship with them.
We love kids at Soma! Babies, preschoolers, and all those energetic Elementary kids, too! We also love parents, and know that parents want the best for their children. That's why we have wonderful volunteers and staff who love Jesus and have a heart for serving. Our children’s building is open 15 minutes prior to our services. Parents should check their children in with a volunteer at the check-in counter. Children are assigned a name tag and security bracelet. Parents will be given a ticket with the corresponding number to their child’s bracelet. When parents come back to check their child out, they will be required to present their child’s teacher with their ticket.
Well Child Policy
Because it is a priority at Soma Kids to promote a love for God and others in a healthy and safe environment, we ask each parent to come into agreement with us about the types of symptoms that would prevent a child from safely interacting with others. Some specific guidelines are listed below:
- Fever above 101 degrees F in the past 24 hours
- Difficulty breathing or persistent, barking cough
- Diarrhea that contains blood or mucus or has occurred more than three times in the past 24 hours
- Vomiting two or more times during the previous 24 hours
- Frequent, colored eye discharge with pink coloring of the white part of the
- Strep throat (Streptococcal pharyngitis), until 24 hours after treatment has been initiated
- Flu-like symptoms such as a fever, lethargy and a frequent hacking cough
- You must have a personal relationship with Jesus that is evident by your life and your testimony.
- You must have a love for children.
- Soma must be considered your home church and you must regularly attend services.
- You must have a Children’s Ministry Application Form on file.
- You must contact Shannon Dogan (#422-7872) or Chris Tidwell (#292-1480) if you are unable to serve during your assigned time. This will allow time to find a replacement.